Each Hamoye data science cohort transforms interns, equipping them for triumphant data science careers. Graduates, our esteemed Hamoye Fellows, shine among peers. Our aim: catalyze young graduates’ ascent in the world of work. The no-fail data science internship sparks this success repeatedly.
Beyond boosting employability in diverse fields, Hamoye connects interns to job openings within our network and partner companies seeking tech-savvy new talents in data science.
Like past programs, this 4-month, 6-sprint internship is rigorous, tailored to your path. Earn specialized certificates, contribute to open-source projects. Join us in crafting a prosperous future of work!
The conditions for successful completion of registration are as follows:
- Every applicant must FIRST be signed up on the hamoye.com platform and get their Hamoye ID noted down. Click here to find out how to get your ID on the platform.
- Applicants should note that the names they sign up with will be the names on their certificates. Once registration is complete, neither the name nor the order in which it is written can be changed.
- Fill the registration form here.
Here are a few frequently asked questions about the Hamoye Data Science Internship.
Who can apply?
The internship is open to everyone, irrespective of their programming experience. The program is designed not only to spur the journey of participants towards becoming beginner, intermediate or advanced data practitioners but also to advance and strengthen the existing talents in the field of data science.
Application deadline and Onboarding dates?
Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59PM UTC on September 19, 2023. The onboarding phase for successful applicants, in which they will be invited to our official communication channel and be required to take the prerequisite courses, will be between September 12, 2023 and September 19, 2023.
When does the Internship really start?
Stage A commences on Wednesday September 13, 2023 at 12:01AM.
How long will the internship last?
The internship will last for 4 months
What is the nature of the internship?
It is a rigorous multi-stage remote internship program that is open to all.
Do I need to make any financial commitment as an intern?
No. None required, except for strong internet connectivity and an unwavering commitment to completing this internship.
How many tracks are there in the internship?
Four tracks, namely: Data Science, Data Engineering, DevOps and Data Storytelling.
How many hours am I expected to devote to the internship?
The number of hours to be devoted to the internship is subjective and based on your current level of expertise. As a beginner, it is expected that you devote at least 35–40 hours per week due to the rigorous nature of the program.
Can I choose more than one track?
Interns are only allowed to choose one track.
What type of projects will I be working on?
At Hamoye, we believe that practice is the bedrock of learning. Therefore interns will be working on real-life projects with the assistance of industry experts. Click this link to view some of our projects
Will I be paid during the internship?
No. Interns are not working for Hamoye, hence, they will not be paid. Instead, Hamoye is investing in resources to train interns and requesting no payment in return.
What are the benefits of enrolling in this internship?
- Every participant has the opportunity to learn using a pre-set training curriculum, connect, collaborate and build a real-world use case.
- Every participant who successfully completes a sprint and the associated challenge will earn a certificate from Hamoye for each sprint completed.
- Participants will have an opportunity to work on a unique AI open-source project.
- Finalists will be invited to join Hamoye AI Labs or our partner companies across the world.
How do I register for the internship?
In 2 simple steps
- Register for an account on hamoye.com
- Click here to complete the registration form
Questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Future of Work!